Reflective Journal For the Poetry Unit

Hello everyone,

Please start by listening to this podcast about what you need to do for this journal. Remember to let the whole file load before you start listening.
Reflective Journal Podcast

Here are the instructions written out, in case you need clarification:

Now that we have finished Poetry Unit and your part of the Teenlife project, let’s take a look at what we learned and how we learned it. You guessed it! We have reached the crossroads of Bloom’s Taxonomy and the ESLRs. AGAIN! Yeah!

You will be writing a journal entry for out third unit. This entry will be worth 100 points and 25% of your grade. That is equal to the projects you have just completed. It must be 1000 words minimum, typed, single-spaced, and 12-point font.

Due Dates:
Rough draft will be due
April 18th for Block H,
April 17th for Block C and D.

Final Draft will be due
Soon after…
Here is what you must do:

Write a thousand word journal entry that explains your Knowledge, Comprehension, Application, Analysis, Synthesis, and Evaluation of the ESLRs after having the Poetry Unit.

Knowledge:
List, Define, Identify which ESLRs you used to help you write your book, participate in Poetry Night, and complete the Teenlife Project.
Level One- Factual Knowledge—————C- to B-

Comprehension:
Summarize, Describe, Discuss, and Differentiate which ESLRs you used to help you write your book, participate in Poetry Night, and complete the Teenlife Project.
Level Two- Comprehension——————-C to B

Application:
Examine, Discover, and Show how you used the ESLRS to help you write your book, participate in Poetry Night, and complete the Teenlife Project.
Level Three- Application———————-C+ to B+

Analysis:
Analyze, Explain, and Compare the ESLRS you used to help you write your book, participate in Poetry Night, and complete the Teenlife Project.
Level Five- Synthesis————————– B- to B+

Synthesis:
Modify, Rearrange, Plan, and Ask What If you would have done things differently next time to help you write your book, participate in Poetry Night, and complete the Teenlife Project.
Level Four- Analysis————————— B to A

Evaluation:
Asses, Grade, Judge, Conclude, and Decide which ESLRs used were the best to help you write your book, participate in Poetry Night, and complete the Teenlife Project.
Level Six- Evaluation————————–B+ to A+

Remember this journal entry is not just for your book. It may include everything we have done in class since we started the Poetry Unit. (In class discussions, reading poems, use of technology for your projects, written poems both in and out of class, photography, and anything else you may have done that match the ESLRs)

If you have any questions please leave them here in the comments section, and I will try and get to the soon.

7 Responses to “Reflective Journal For the Poetry Unit”

1. Hey Mr. R

I was just wondering if by rough draft you meant an outline/detailed plan or an actual 1st draft.

2. An actual first draft!

3. Hi Mr. R

I don’t know what the ESLRs are (I know they stand for Expected Schoolwide Learing Results). Can you list them for me? Thanks

4. Look at the top of this page and you will see a tab for the ESLRs. Ask of of your peers if you still can’t find it.

5. Hey Mr R:
    I was wondering if I need to do the reflective journal, because I didn’t do the poetry unit.

6. Mr. R,
    Do we have to add how we applied the six traits to our journal at the end of it like our first journal?

7. Is 500 words the minimum or maximum for our “Lens Project”?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. always learning » 7 Ways to Use YackPack for Online Collaboration
  2. Grade 8 English » Blog Archive